- Official size ball is constructed with rubber and offers a 29.5 inch circumference
- Features a durable outdoor cover
- Official NBA size and weight
- Designed to withstand the street game
- Recommended inflation is 8 PSI
Founded by Boston Red Stockings pitcher A.G. Spalding and his brother, J. Walter Spalding, in 1876, the company (or its successors) been developing innovative products ever since. From creating the first American football, to producing the first basketball for Dr. James Naismith, to the latest advances in INFUSION technology (balls with built-in pumps), Spalding has been on the cutting edge of the sporting goods industry for well over a century. True to the founders’ vision, the company has delivered quality goods that reflect a commitment to workmanship in every finished product, every step of the way. Today, these products are manufactured by Russell Brands, LLC, owner of the Spalding trademark. Durable outdoor cover. Designed to withstand street play and elements. Offered in two sizes.