- PRESERVISION AREDS 2 EYE VITAMINS: This formula uses Lutein & Zeaxanthin, zinc, copper, Vitamin C & Vitamin E to exactly match the nutrient formula recommended by the AMD experts at the National Eye Institute based on the Age Related Eye Disease Study 2.
- AREDS 2 SUPPLEMENT: PreserVision is the #1 doctor recommended eye vitamin based on 20 years of clinical studies to help reduce the risk of progression of moderate to advanced Age-related Macular Degeneration, & uses Lutein & Zeaxanthin.
- EYE VITAMINS FOR HEALTHY EYES: Bausch + Lomb carries a full line of ocular supplements with vitamins, minerals & nutrients that promote eye health, including Ocuvite eye vitamins for general eye health & PreserVision for age-related eye health concerns.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE CARE EXPERTS: In 1853, John Jacob Bausch opened an optical goods store in Rochester, New York. Since then, Bausch + Lomb has continued to focus on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses to lubricant eye drops.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE SUPPLEMENTS: Eye health is more than good vision and at Bausch + Lomb, we’re focused on all aspects of healthy eyes. Try our eye health vitamins and supplements if you’ve used other supplements based on the AREDS or AREDS2 study.
#1 recommended brand by eye doctors for people with moderate-to-advanced AMD.1 Brought to you by Bausch + Lomb — the leader in eye vitamins.2
PreserVision AREDS2 Formula builds on the original, clinically proven PreserVision AREDS Formula, with lutein and zeaxanthin replacing beta-carotene based on the AREDS2 study.*
Complete AREDS2 Formula: This advanced PreserVision Formula contains the exact same levels of all six nutrients based on the latest clinical evidence from the AREDS2 study.3 Completed in 2013, the Age Related Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2) was a five-year study conducted by the National Eye Institute (NEI) of the National Institutes of Health.4
Take two soft gels daily; one in the morning, one in the evening with food.
Current/Former Smokers: Consult your eye care professional about the risks associated with smoking and beta-carotene.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1 Wolters-Kluwer Pharma Solutions, B+L Brand Management Report, 5/13/11
2 March 2009 Retinal AMD Tracker, Decision Analysts, Inc.
3 The Age Related Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2) Research Group. Lutein + Zeaxanthin and Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Age-Related Macular Degeneration [published online]. JAMA. 2013;309(19):doi:10.1001/jama.2013.4997
4 NEI Press Release: NIH Study Provides Clarity on Supplements for Protection Against Blinding Eye Disease, www.nei.nih.gov/news/pressreleases, accessed May 17, 2013